The beauty of being a child is the ability to see the world with a fresh perspective. There are magical qualities in every aspect of life, ready to be revealed around each corner. A piece of paper is not just for writing; it can be a plane that takes you to faraway lands. While the everyday couch can transform into a secret castle protecting endless riches. At Great Explorations, imagination empowers our next generation of learners.
What to Expect
Visitor Play Policy:
- Adults (18 and over) must be accompanied by a child and children (17 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult. Except as noted for special programs. *Multiple adults per child are allowed.
- Children are not to be left alone in an exhibit or at the museum.
- The museum is weapon, alcohol and smoke-free (including e-cigarettes).
- Pets are not allowed in the museum.
- Shoes and clothing are required in the museum, for sanitary purposes diapers must be covered by another layer of clothing.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the museum.
Our free parking lot is also accessible to all types of transportation including buses, vans and cars. Designated handicap parking spaces are located to the west of the front entrance. Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
The museum is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Our gallery floor has an open floor plan for easy accessibility, and exhibits are designed to be wheelchair friendly.
Great Explorations welcomes individuals with autism and their families. The museum is listed as Autism Friendly in the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) Autism Friendly Business Directory. Our full and part-time staff has attended trainings with CARD staff to increase awareness of the needs of our visitors on the autism spectrum and to enhance our ability to respond effectively and sensitively to these needs.