The beauty of being a child is the ability to see the world with a fresh perspective. There are magical qualities in every aspect of life, ready to be revealed around each corner. A piece of paper is not just for writing; it can be a plane that takes you to faraway lands. While the everyday couch can transform into a secret castle protecting endless riches. At Great Explorations, imagination empowers our next generation of learners.
We take pride in partnering with our local community to enhance creative play. Learn more about our exhibits that offer real life, practical learning experiences.
- Free for children under 1 year old
- $10 for ages 1-54
- $9 for ages 55 and up
- *Memberships Available!
- First Responders
- And more!
MUSEUMS FOR ALL PROGRAM
- Present your Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and a valid form of photo ID and receive $3 admission per individual for up to 5 family members.
– Unlimited admission for up to 5 family members (maximum 2 adults) for 1 year
– 10% discount on museum store purchases
– Early registration and member pricing for special programs and birthday parties
– Monthly deals and discounts for local attractions
– Great News electronic updates
All of the Basic Member Benefits PLUS:
– Unlimited admission for a family of 5 (maximum of 4 adults, totalling 5 members)
– Reciprocal admission to more than 1,200 museums across North America
– $3.00 discount for guests of members
All of the Great Member Benefits PLUS:
– Additional 10% discount on purchases in the Great Stuff Gift Shop
– One Add-A-Member (perfect for a caregiver or grandparent)
– 5 free admission passes for friends and family
All of the above Explorer benefits PLUS:
– 5 additional free admission passes-
– 1 free admission for 1 child for Parents’ Night Out
– 50% discount for a basic birthday party (1 per year)
– Complimentary Basic Membership to be given to a scholarship family in need
Toy of the Month
This month the Great Stuff Gift Shop will be featuring Green Science and Kidz Lab experiment kits as our toy of the month. These kits provide children the tools to conduct their own guided scientific inquiry. They are the perfect introduction for Engineers, Scientists, and Problem Solvers of the future. Children will love learning and applying fingerprint forensics, building their own water filtration system, making a soda can robug and even applying science to magic! These toys are recommended for children ages 8 and up. For the month of October, all Green Science and Kidz Lab Experiment kits will be 10% off.
Visitor Play Policy: Adults (18 and over) must be accompanied by a child and children (17 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult, except as noted for special programs.
*Multiple adults per child are allowed.
The museum is weapon and smoke-free (including e-cigarettes). Pets are not allowed in the museum.
Our free parking lot is also accessible to all types of transportation including buses, vans and cars. Designated handicap parking spaces are located to the west of the front entrance.
Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
The museum is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Our gallery floor has an open floor plan for easy accessibility, and exhibits are designed to be wheelchair friendly.
Great Explorations welcomes individuals with autism and their families. The museum is listed as Autism Friendly in the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) Autism Friendly Business Directory. Our full and part-time staff has attended trainings with CARD staff to increase awareness of the needs of our visitors on the autism spectrum and to enhance our ability to respond effectively and sensitively to these needs. For information or to request special arrangements, contact our Director of Community Initiatives at 727-821-8992, ext. 209.
Our Visual Support Story will help you prepare for and understand what to expect during your visit to our museum.