The beauty of being a child is the ability to see the world with a fresh perspective. There are magical qualities in every aspect of life, ready to be revealed around each corner. A piece of paper is not just for writing; it can be a plane that takes you to faraway lands. While the everyday couch can transform into a secret castle protecting endless riches. At Great Explorations, imagination empowers our next generation of learners.
We take pride in partnering with our local community to enhance creative play. Learn more about our exhibits that offer real life, practical learning experiences.
*Please note, we are closed Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Our hours have changed. Please click here for updated hours and ticketing.
- Free for children under 12 months
- $12 for ages 1-54
- $11 for ages 55 and up
- *Memberships Available!
- First Responders
- And more!
MUSEUMS FOR ALL PROGRAM
- Present your Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card and a valid form of photo ID and receive $3 admission per individual for up to 5 family members.
$150 – All of the Basic Member Benefits PLUS: – Unlimited admission for a family of 5 (maximum of 4 adults, totaling 5 members) – Reciprocal admission to more than 1,200 museums across North America – $3.00 discount for guests of members
$200 All of the Great Member Benefits PLUS: – Additional 10% discount on purchases in the Great Stuff Gift Shop – One Add-A-Member (perfect for a caregiver or grandparent) – 5 free admission passes for friends and family
$500 All of the above Explorer benefits PLUS: – 5 additional free admission passes- – 1 free admission for 1 child for Parents’ Night Out – 50% discount for a basic birthday party (1 per year) – Complimentary Basic Membership to be given to a scholarship family in need
What to Expect
We’re ready when you’re ready. With your health and safety at the top of mind, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit to Great Explorations. Click here to read our latest Action Plan and learn what measures we’re taking to keep you safe.
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands, and their child’s hands, before entry. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum.
- Face masks strongly recommended for all guests over the age of 5 years old. Masks should cover the nose and mouth. Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 years old. The museum will have limited masks available for Guests. All Great Explorations team members will be wearing face masks.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing recommendations.
- All exhibits remain open; however, we have made some modifications to limit the number of touchable components for your safety. You’ll also see exciting new exhibits!
- If you or your child are feeling sick, please reschedule your visit. The museum reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
Visitor Play Policy:
- Adults (18 and over) must be accompanied by a child and children (17 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult. Except as noted for special programs. *Multiple adults per child are allowed.
- Children are not to be left alone in an exhibit or at the museum.
- The museum is weapon, alcohol and smoke-free (including e-cigarettes).
- Pets are not allowed in the museum.
- Shoes and clothing are required in the museum, for sanitary purposes diapers must be covered by another layer of clothing.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the museum.
Our free parking lot is also accessible to all types of transportation including buses, vans and cars. Designated handicap parking spaces are located to the west of the front entrance. Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
The museum is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Our gallery floor has an open floor plan for easy accessibility, and exhibits are designed to be wheelchair friendly.
Great Explorations welcomes individuals with autism and their families. The museum is listed as Autism Friendly in the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) Autism Friendly Business Directory. Our full and part-time staff has attended trainings with CARD staff to increase awareness of the needs of our visitors on the autism spectrum and to enhance our ability to respond effectively and sensitively to these needs. For information or to request special arrangements, contact our Director of Community Initiatives at 727-821-8992, ext. 209. Our Visual Support Story will help you prepare for and understand what to expect during your visit to our museum.