Our team is immensely grateful for your patience and support as we navigate this unprecedented circumstance together. We wish you and your families good health, and we look forward to seeing you at Great Explorations Children’s Museum soon!
Exhibit Updates and Deep Cleaning
We’re gearing up for an exciting renovation! Our exhibits team has been hard at work preparing for the newest exhibit opening, The Great Exploratorium! This includes an all-new STEAM Laboratory, the Raymond James Stage, an Inventors’ Studio, and more interactive spaces for you and your family to learn through play. You can also look forward to building on a brand new Lego wall and fossil wall!
Our team also used this quiet time to do a deep cleaning of the museum’s hand-held toys, floors, and surfaces. We’re cleaning, disinfecting, and making repairs to get the museum in tip-top shape for the next time you visit!
All memberships will be extended by the length of the museum’s closure to make up for the time away from Great Explorations.
This month, members will receive an exciting new membership benefit, a Digital Subscription to the Great Ex Playbook! This includes exclusive access to new activities, videos, play resources, and more each month. Museum members will receive an email with links to exclusive materials at the beginning of each month, starting in May!
Once we reopen, look forward to playing and exploring with family and friends at Great Ex! Save $25 on Basic and Great Membership levels during our Spring Membership Sale now through May 9th. Even if you recently joined or renewed, you can still take advantage of our Spring Membership Sale!
For more information about memberships, please click here.
Spring Membership Sale Prices:
Basic Membership – $75 | Great Membership – $125
Great Ex At Home
Continue learning, discovering, and imagining at home using tools and resources available at Great Ex At Home! On our new site, you’ll find a mix of free virtual and downloadable games, activities, and videos designed for children of all ages. Each week, we’re sharing new activities and challenges, with themes like Weather, Build It, Animals, and more. This week’s focus is Toys and Games!
More Ways to Play At Home:
- Blow Off Some S.T.E.A.M. Kits feature interactive activities and items to engage kids at home. To purchase one for your family or a family in need, click here.
- The Exploration Station Gift Shop is now digital! Click here to browse and shop our selection of fun, educational toys online. New toys just added!
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for daily resources for play!
Online Learning Resources
- Aloha Kids Circle Time (Tune in on Aloha Kids’ Facebook page weekdays at 4:30 PM)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems from The Kennedy Center
- Math and STEM Resources for Families from Florida DOE
- National Geographic Kids Science Lab
- Early Literacy Tip Sheets from University of Florida Lastinger Center
- STEM Resources for K-12 from NASA
- TIME for Kids’ Free Digital Library (Great for Middle Schoolers!)
- Engineering and Science Challenges from Dyson Engineers
- Storyline Online
We know that so many people are being affected by this widespread health and economic crisis. As a non-profit organization, your support is invaluable to the museum during this time. If you are able, we ask you to please consider donating to Great Explorations here.
The new tax incentives within the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act allow for a $300 deduction for charitable gifts, available to those who do not itemize their deductions. The CARES Act also increases the cap on annual giving for those who do itemize deductions.