After much anticipation and planning, we are thrilled to announce our phased reopening plan! We can’t wait to play, create, and explore together safely in the museum again soon.
- June 29 – The museum will reopen for members only Monday-Friday from 4:45-6:30 pm. Private rental sessions will be available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments.
- July 6 – The museum will reopen to the public Monday-Friday from 4:45-6:30 pm. Private rental sessions will remain available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments. If private rental sessions aren’t reserved, timed play sessions will be made available for reservation. Check our reservation system for availability the Friday before.
- September 21 – The museum will reopen to the public Monday-Friday from 12-2:30 p.m. and 4:45-6:30 p.m. Private rental sessions will remain available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments. If private rental sessions aren’t reserved, timed public play sessions will be made available for reservation from 9-11 a.m., 12-2 p.m., and 3-5 p.m. Check our reservation system for availability the Friday before.
- October 12th , Great Explorations Children’s Museum will open to the public from 10:30 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday will remain the same until further notice.
- February 20 – The museum will expand hours to Monday-Saturday 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday 12-4 p.m. Reservations are no longer required.
We’re ready when you’re ready. With your health and safety at the top of mind, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit to Great Explorations. Click here to read our latest Action Plan and learn what measures we’re taking to keep you safe.
What to Expect:
- The museum will not be accepting cash payments. Please bring a debit/credit card to complete your ticket or gift shop purchases.
- Adults and children will undergo a health screening upon arrival, including a touch-free temperature screening.
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands, and their child’s hands, before entry. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged for all guests. All Great Explorations team members will be wearing face masks.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing recommendations.
- All exhibits remain open; however, we have made some modifications to limit the number of touchable components for your safety. You’ll also see exciting new exhibits!
- If you or your child are feeling sick, please reschedule your visit. The museum reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.