After much anticipation and planning, we are thrilled to announce our phased reopening plan! We can’t wait to play, create, and explore together safely in the museum again soon.
- June 29, 2020 – The museum will reopen for members only Monday-Friday from 4:45-6:30 pm. Private rental sessions will be available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments.
- July 6, 2020 – The museum will reopen to the public Monday-Friday from 4:45-6:30 pm. Private rental sessions will remain available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments. If private rental sessions aren’t reserved, timed play sessions will be made available for reservation. Check our reservation system for availability the Friday before.
- September 21, 2020 – The museum will reopen to the public Monday-Friday from 12-2:30 p.m. and 4:45-6:30 p.m. Private rental sessions will remain available for small groups on Saturdays and Sundays in 2-hour increments. If private rental sessions aren’t reserved, timed public play sessions will be made available for reservation from 9-11 a.m., 12-2 p.m., and 3-5 p.m. Check our reservation system for availability the Friday before.
- October 12, 2020 – Great Explorations Children’s Museum will open to the public from 10:30 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday will remain the same until further notice.
- February 20, 2021 – The museum will expand hours to Monday-Saturday 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday 12-4 p.m. Reservations are no longer required.
- May 10, 2021 – Great Explorations strongly encourages all guests over age 5 to wear a face mask. Team members will continue to wear a face mask. Additionally, temperature checks are no longer required.
We’re ready when you’re ready. With your health and safety at the top of mind, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit to Great Explorations. Click here to read our latest Action Plan and learn what measures we’re taking to keep you safe.
What to Expect:
- Guests are required to sanitize their hands, and their child’s hands, before entry. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged for all guests. All Great Explorations team members will be wearing face masks.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing recommendations.
- All exhibits remain open; however, we have made some modifications to limit the number of touchable components for your safety. You’ll also see exciting new exhibits!
- If you or your child are feeling sick, please reschedule your visit. The museum reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.