Monday – Saturday : 10:30am – 4pm
Sunday: 12 – 4pm
* Please note, we are closed Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day
To plan a private rental session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free for children under 12 months
- $15 for kids age 1–17
- $12 for adults
- $11 for ages 55 and up
The TEGNA Corporation’s foundation, that owns our local CBS-affiliate in St Petersburg, WTSP, has once again partnered with Great Explorations to fund Ten Tuesdays.
Families can receive free admission each Tuesday from 08/09/2022–05/30/2023 for up to 5 members. They just need to present an EBT or WIC card at admissions.
If you have a WIC or standard EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) card, simply show it when you arrive to receive free admission for up to 5 people on Wednesdays and $3 per person on any other day of the week!
Get $1 off admission for
- First Responders
What to Expect
We’re ready when you’re ready. With your health and safety at the top of mind, we have implemented policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit to Great Explorations.
- Guests are encouraged to sanitize their hands, and their child’s hands, before entry. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available throughout the museum.
Face masks are encouraged for all guests over the age of 5 years old. Masks should cover the nose and mouth. Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 years old. The museum will have limited masks available for guests.
- If you or your child are feeling sick, please reschedule your visit. The museum reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone exhibiting COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
Visitor Play Policy:
- Adults (18 and over) must be accompanied by a child and children (17 and younger) must be accompanied by an adult. Except as noted for special programs. *Multiple adults per child are allowed.
- Children are not to be left alone in an exhibit or at the museum.
- The museum is weapon, alcohol and smoke-free (including e-cigarettes).
- Pets are not allowed in the museum.
- Shoes and clothing are required in the museum, for sanitary purposes diapers must be covered by another layer of clothing.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the museum.
Our free parking lot is also accessible to all types of transportation including buses, vans and cars. Designated handicap parking spaces are located to the west of the front entrance. Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
The museum is accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Our gallery floor has an open floor plan for easy accessibility, and exhibits are designed to be wheelchair friendly.
Great Explorations welcomes individuals with autism and their families. The museum is listed as Autism Friendly in the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) Autism Friendly Business Directory. Our full and part-time staff has attended trainings with CARD staff to increase awareness of the needs of our visitors on the autism spectrum and to enhance our ability to respond effectively and sensitively to these needs.